Our client, Earthfirst® Biopolymer Films by Sidaplax is a global leader in providing innovative biopolymer film solutions to a number of market segments.
They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of Plastic Suppliers Inc., located in Ghent, Belgium. With an extensive and experienced sales team, Sidaplax manages the PSI business in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
To support their growing business, we’re looking for an Account Executive Western Europe (preferably based out of France/Italy or Spain).
The Account Executive has responsibility of Sales in the assigned region. In this role he/she is responsible for planning of sales, marketing, customer service, business- and product development and Agents’ activities in the local area and hold to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for financial performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence.
More in particular, he/she will responsible for :
Proactively & systematically build value for Sidaplax and PSI through proactive Account Management with assigned customers and Key Accounts.
- Responsible for developing profitable sales growth, lowering sales costs, increasing customer satisfaction. Understanding and specifying customers needs and requirements – making sure that right products are delivered or developed.
- Build and strengthen customer relationship (in case – together with agents) with existing and new specific accounts and maximize valuable new project opportunities in time; qualify, develop and win new accounts, retain and further develop existing, nominated accounts; responsible for account strategy for nominated customers.
- Support the sales agents, build the necessary agent’s skills through workshops and trainings to acquire and grow profitable accounts by identifying, quantifying and selling Sidaplax/PSi products to the customer. Anticipate customer requirements, map out projects and opportunities;
- Close follow-up of the performance of the agents, build the necessary tools to monitor this performance.
- Continuously feed project pipeline with sustainable projects; active project management & coordination with goal to execute and turning these into commercial sales.
- Ensure proper internal and external communication.
- Planning and execution of local marketing activities in cooperation with marketing department, for promoting and prospecting PLA and shrink film/sleeve applications with converters and brandowners. Increase brand recognition of EarthFirst products.
- Represent company at (virtual) trade fairs and conferences to promote products and stay up to date on trends in the industry. Preparation of market analysis when needed.
- Sales reporting to the Management. Strategical planning and follow up on the achievements of the sales budget per region on a monthly/quarterly basis, propose and implement corrective actions and plans where required.
- Feedback future ideas, strategies, trends and innovations from customers and the market back into the organization; Specify market requirements and demands for current and next generation products, identify new applications, provide local market analysis, supported by ongoing visits at customers and non-customers, market experts and influencers; planning and execution of local marketing activities in cooperation with marketing department.
- Efficient claim management, both externally and internally with coordination of relevant departments.
- Understanding the market, industry, customers and prospects – developing opportunities hereof.
- Ability to understand key product technology features and leverage these to support sales.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of cultures and functions both internally and externally
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing industry dynamics and redirect efforts
- Excellent oral and written clear communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Ability to work with a modern CRM package (Salesforce, MS Office (Teams), DOMO) and Social Media
- Ability to work under pressure managing multiple priorities
- Analytical capability with a strategic mindset looking for the big picture
- Goal oriented—ability to translate the strategy into actionable plans
- Structured and independent way of working
- Time Management (organisation in managing daily activities)
- Interact on multiple levels (Customer Service, Quality, Production, R&D, Technical Field Service, Purchasing)
Key contributing success factors in this position are
- Customer Orientation
- Strong Business Acumen
- Focus on Quality
- Collaborative and Strategic Mindset
- Able Learner – highly self-motivated
- A degree in relevant business or marketing studies is preferred (Bachelor or Master degree of Arts or Sciences)
- Track record of increasing sales and business development
- 5-10 years’ experience working within the Plastic Films or Packaging industry (preferably Flexible Packaging or CPG Industry but also Industrial Film applications could be considered)
- Open to travel across Europe as a basic requirement (> 50%)
- Fluently in English, fluently in French and/or Italian and/or Spanish
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Project Management Skills
- Experience in the area of bio-polymers
- Captivating work with a dynamic team;
- Flexible working schedule;
- Competitive salary in line with the market
- Interesting commission plan
- Company car/Fuel card